From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Latest 4.9 kernels broken?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:54:36
1 On 2018-06-12 09:56, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2
3 > Any reason you're trying to load those modules by hand rather then
4 > have them loaded for you automatically?
5
6 The only one I try to "load by hand" (rather: via conf.d/modules) is
7 fbcon, because IME that is how I actually get a framebuffer console. Is
8 there a better way?
9
10 But there were other modules, including network drivers, that produced
11 the same error, despite getting autoloaded. Not all modules, though.
12
13 > Did dmesg have any more info on the failing modules?
14
15 I will report on this when I can play the reboot game again, which may
16 be a few days yet.
19 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
20 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
21 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
22 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.