From: Nuno Silva <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing messages
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 07:00:43
1 On 2023-01-13, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Hello list,
4 >
5 > Ever since the new year I've been getting a bounce message from this list - 19
6 > of them so far. The first of those listed one message twice, most of the others
7 > six times. The message was 200359.
8 >
9 > I don't know what that message was, but why is the system Out There having
10 > such a hard time with it?
11
12 Was the message from the list software or from a Microsoft system?
13
14 There's possibly one subscriber that has configured their
15 Exchange/Outlook account to forward e-mails to a Gmail account, and
16 forwarding as implemented by Microsoft apparently isn't done correctly
17 and so "SPF" checks run by Gmail are failing.
18
19 I tried to send a message to this list about this topic back in November
20 but it never made through, perhaps it was filtered because it quoted
21 some of the error messages.
24 Nuno Silva