From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing messages
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 10:25:35
1 On Saturday, 14 January 2023 07:00:29 GMT Nuno Silva wrote:
2 > On 2023-01-13, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Hello list,
4 > >
5 > > Ever since the new year I've been getting a bounce message from this list
6 > > - 19 of them so far. The first of those listed one message twice, most of
7 > > the others six times. The message was 200359.
8 > >
9 > > I don't know what that message was, but why is the system Out There
10 having
11 > > such a hard time with it?
12 >
13 > Was the message from the list software or from a Microsoft system?
14
15 I don't know - I haven't received it as far as I know. The only archive
16 entries I've found are of this conversation.
17
18 > There's possibly one subscriber that has configured their
19 > Exchange/Outlook account to forward e-mails to a Gmail account, and
20 > forwarding as implemented by Microsoft apparently isn't done correctly
21 > and so "SPF" checks run by Gmail are failing.
22
23 Hmm. Would that cause the message to me to fail, in particular?
24
25 > I tried to send a message to this list about this topic back in November
26 > but it never made through, perhaps it was filtered because it quoted
27 > some of the error messages.
31 Regards,
32 Peter.