From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About firefox
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:39:10
1 Luigi Pinna schreef:
2 > Hello everybody!
3 > I use mozilla and I want to change to firefox but...
4 > Mozilla has a multilanguage support (everybody can install his
5 > languagepack). I search the same in firefox but I cannot find it: if I
6 > use portage, I have only the english version; if I install it from the
7 > firefox homepage, I have only the specific language (I have a
8 > multilanguage computer...).
9 > What can I do? Must I use only mozilla?
10 > Thanks,
11 > Luigi
12
13 No, not at all. I have both Firefox and Thunderbird localized to Dutch
14 (my second language), but I admit it was hard to find out how to do so.
15
16 If you go to the Mozilla Localization page at
17 http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/mlp_status.html
18
19 and there is a project for your language, there should also be a website
20 link to the project's site. Any files to localize Firefox should be
21 there (at least that's how it worked for the Dutch files).
22
23 You might also want to use the Locale Switcher extension at
24 https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=356 to switch
25 between locales if you use more than one.
26
27 Hope this helps,
28 Holly
29 --