From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help me reboot X
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:14:25
1 Kevin O'Gorman ha scritto:
2 >> From time to time my X server will lock up, usually but not always
3 > while I'm editing something in ooffice. It's always something that's
4 > pretty heavily graphical.
5 > When this happens, the only thing that
6 > still works on my desktop is mouse motion. No clicks actually
7 > register, and even the three-finger salutes (BS and DEL) are feckless.
8 >
9 > However, I can SSH into the machine from elsewhere and pretty much do
10 > anything else I want. I usually have to reboot the machine, because I
11 > haven't figured out how to restart X in gentoo. I'm sure it's pretty
12 > simple, but I can't seem to find documentation on this particular
13 > thing and it's not like the usual init.d services. Lots on startup, a
14 > bit on shutdown, but nothing I see is about restart.
17 Run into that too. Exactly same situation -KDE, OO.org, heavy graphical
18 editing (resizing images in Impress etc.), mouse moving but nothing
19 responding, etc... Identical bug.
20
21 I attributed the cause to the Beryl SVN I'm always running, so I didn't
22 feel entitled to complain. If you are not running Beryl, however, it
23 would be nice to know more -so to find what bug is or to file one.
24
25 Thanks,
26 m.
27 --