From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Check CPU for throttling
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 20:38:47
1 On 05/10/2011 01:30 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > Same with the other virtual core, "power management" is blank.
5 > Am I missing something in my kernel or is my MoBo/CPU feature poor?
6 >
7 > cat .config | grep CPU_FREQ
8 > CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y
9 > CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=y
10 > # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG is not set
11 > CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT=y
12 > CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT_DETAILS=y
13 > # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE is not set
14 > # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE is not set
15 > CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND=y
16 > # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_CONSERVATIVE is not set
17 > CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
18 > # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE is not set
19 > CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=y
20 > CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=y
21 > # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE is not set
22
23 It usually comes down to capabilities in your BIOS, Mick. My P4 won't do
24 it either, but that's on a Dell server from 2004. No BIOS support. And
25 the CPU can do HT but the BIOS is stupid, too. I still have only one
26 CPU/thread.