From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Check CPU for throttling
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 21:08:27
1 On Tuesday 10 May 2011 21:36:40 Bill Longman wrote:
2 > On 05/10/2011 01:30 PM, Mick wrote:
3 > > Same with the other virtual core, "power management" is blank.
6 > > Am I missing something in my kernel or is my MoBo/CPU feature poor?
9 > It usually comes down to capabilities in your BIOS, Mick. My P4 won't do
10 > it either, but that's on a Dell server from 2004. No BIOS support. And
11 > the CPU can do HT but the BIOS is stupid, too. I still have only one
12 > CPU/thread.
13
14 Thanks Bill, I seem to recall something about Stepping in the BIOS settings
15 (can't reboot at the moment without risking a domestic incident ...) and I
16 think I have it enabled (or auto?)
17
18 If it is there and I'm not imagining things I'll try disabling it perhaps and
19 see if the kernel can take over.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick