From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Image viewer with brightness/contrast adjustments
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:01:50
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 02:20:32PM -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> How'bout google picasa?
5 >>>
6 >
7 >> Isn't that pretty large too?
8 >>
9 >> root@smoker ~ # equery size kview
10 >> * kde-base/kview-3.5.10
11 >> Total files : 110
12 >> Total size : 1.09 MiB
13 >> root@smoker ~ #
14 >>
15 > Yes, it is large, but it has loads of features. Equery size tells me
16 > that picasa is ~100 MiB. But it has all the common image editing
17 > feature you want (include brightness, contrast, resize, crop ...) in a
18 > nice GUI, with a good gallery feature. And it helps with organizing
19 > the pictures. I use it to manage my photos.
20 >
21 > For viewing the picture, if size and speed is your main criterion, I
22 > go for media-gfx/qiv. It allows you to change the displayed
23 > brightness/contrast/gamma on the fly, but it is not good for modifying
24 > the files themselves.
25 >
26 > W
29 I installed qiv but it appeared to be command line. I tried to open a
30 picture but all it did was turn my screen black. Weird.
31
32 It is small tho. ;-) It loaded fast but no picture.
33
34 Dale
35