From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Image viewer with brightness/contrast adjustments
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:43:09
1 On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 02:20:32PM -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > >How'bout google picasa?
3
4 > Isn't that pretty large too?
5 >
6 > root@smoker ~ # equery size kview
7 > * kde-base/kview-3.5.10
8 > Total files : 110
9 > Total size : 1.09 MiB
10 > root@smoker ~ #
11
12 Yes, it is large, but it has loads of features. Equery size tells me
13 that picasa is ~100 MiB. But it has all the common image editing
14 feature you want (include brightness, contrast, resize, crop ...) in a
15 nice GUI, with a good gallery feature. And it helps with organizing
16 the pictures. I use it to manage my photos.
17
18 For viewing the picture, if size and speed is your main criterion, I
19 go for media-gfx/qiv. It allows you to change the displayed
20 brightness/contrast/gamma on the fly, but it is not good for modifying
21 the files themselves.
22
23 W
24 --
25 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
26 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
27 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton