From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need help with pvrusb2
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:36:10
1 Hello. I recently purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR external TV card.
2 I'm trying to get it to work with Gentoo Linux. I think I've followed
3 the steps found at
4 http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1900 correctly,
5 but I'm still getting errors. When I plug the TV card into the USB slot
6 in the back of the computer and search dmesg, it says:
7
8 michael@carter /lib/firmware $ dmesg | grep pvrusb2
9 pvrusb2: Hardware description: WinTV HVR-1950 Model 751xx
10 usbcore: registered new interface driver pvrusb2
11 pvrusb2: V4L in-tree version:Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2 Encoder/Tuner
12 pvrusb2: Debug mask is 31 (0x1f)
13 pvrusb2: ***WARNING*** Device fx2 controller firmware seems to be missing.
14 pvrusb2: Did you install the pvrusb2 firmware files in their proper
15 location?
16 pvrusb2: request_firmware unable to locate fx2 controller file
17 v4l-pvrusb2-73xxx-01.fw
18 pvrusb2: Failure uploading firmware1
19 pvrusb2: Device initialization was not successful.
20 pvrusb2: Giving up since device microcontroller firmware appears to be
21 missing.
22 pvrusb2: Device being rendered inoperable
23 pvrusb2: Hardware description: WinTV HVR-1950 Model 751xx
24 pvrusb2: ***WARNING*** Device fx2 controller firmware seems to be missing.
25 pvrusb2: Did you install the pvrusb2 firmware files in their proper
26 location?
27 pvrusb2: request_firmware unable to locate fx2 controller file
28 v4l-pvrusb2-73xxx-01.fw
29 pvrusb2: Failure uploading firmware1
30 pvrusb2: Device initialization was not successful.
31 pvrusb2: Giving up since device microcontroller firmware appears to be
32 missing.
35 I've emerged linuxtv-dvb-firmware and reissued the above command with no
36 change. How do I get Gentoo to recognize this card?
37 -Michael Sullivan-