From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: mozilla-firefox - I'm lost
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:11:35
1 2010/1/11 walt <w41ter@×××××.com>:
2 > On 01/11/2010 01:51 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I've tried (for the first time) to install the
7 >> source version of firefox
8 >>   www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.5.7
9 >> with useflags
10 >>   alsa bindist dbus gnome java linguas_de linguas_en sqlite
11 >> startup-notification
12 >>
13 >> It builds just fine,
14 >> BUT
15 >> when I start firefox I get only a tiny (real tiny!)
16 >> window. When I enlarge it (dragging a vertex of the window)
17 >> it's just empty.
18 >>
19 >> I have no idea what went wrong.
20 >> (I have renamed ~/.firefox and ~/.mozilla
21 >>  but this doesn't help either)
22 >
23 > I've never been sure what the bindist flag does, exactly, but I have it
24 > disabled
25 > and firefox works normally.  Enabling xulrunner saves some time and space if
26 > you
27 > intend to use other mozilla products like thunderbird, but it shouldn't be
28 > necessary.
29 >
30 > Do you see any messages if you start firefox from a command prompt?
31
32 Try this:
33
34 /usr/bin/firefox -console -no-remote
35
36 Otherwise I am not sure how to get it into some sort of a debug mode ...
37 --
38 Regards,
39 Mick