From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mozilla-firefox - I'm lost
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:52:22
1 On 01/11/2010 01:51 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've tried (for the first time) to install the
5 > source version of firefox
6 > www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.5.7
7 > with useflags
8 > alsa bindist dbus gnome java linguas_de linguas_en sqlite startup-notification
9 >
10 > It builds just fine,
11 > BUT
12 > when I start firefox I get only a tiny (real tiny!)
13 > window. When I enlarge it (dragging a vertex of the window)
14 > it's just empty.
15 >
16 > I have no idea what went wrong.
17 > (I have renamed ~/.firefox and ~/.mozilla
18 > but this doesn't help either)
19
20 I've never been sure what the bindist flag does, exactly, but I have it disabled
21 and firefox works normally. Enabling xulrunner saves some time and space if you
22 intend to use other mozilla products like thunderbird, but it shouldn't be necessary.
23
24 Do you see any messages if you start firefox from a command prompt?