From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linode discontinuing Xen, migrating to KVM
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 11:28:31
1 On 10/3/2017, 1:27:45 AM, victor romanchuk <rom@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > there are two files to change/check before migration
3 >
4 > * /etc/inittab :: console terminal (XEN PV domUs do use hvc console and KVM VM employ normal linux
5 > console)
6 >
7 > -c1:12345:/respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 hvc0 linux
8 > +c1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 ttyS0 linux
9 >
10 > * š/etc/fstab :: XEN PV do use xvdN volumes and KVM VM volume naming is canonical
11 >
12 > -/dev/xvdbššš ššš noneššš ššš swapššš ššš swššš ššš 0 0
13 > +/dev/sdbššš ššš noneššš ššš swapššš ššš swššš ššš 0 0
16 > the migration itself is automated; linode did it for me flawlessly: few minutes of downtime needed
17 > to convert images and to move them to different hardware (in my case)
18
19 Thanks - but I thought these were changed as part of the automated
20 process (from what I've read).
21
22 Did you change yours manually?