From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Running Scripts
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 03:31:59
1 On 7/29/07, Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > * Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom@×××××.com> [27/07/07 12:18]:
5 > > Hello-
6 > >
7 > > I am programming Python (2.4.1) scripts to run on our Gentoo boxes and am
8 > > having a bit of trouble I was hoping you could help me with. My file,
9 > > hello.py looks like this:
10 > >
11 > > #!/usr/bin/python
12 > > print 'hello, python'
13 > >
14 > > I add execute permission to the file and try to run it as follows:
15 > >
16 > > myprompt $ ./hello.py
17 > >
18 > > and get
19 > >
20 > > -bash: ./hello.py: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: Permission denied
21 > >
22 > > running /usr/bin/python brings up the python shell, so that's in place.
23 > >
24 > > What am I missing to run these files (they run fine with I type in 'python'
25 > > before the filename). BTW, I have the same issue running Perl scripts which
26 > > is why I'm asking the question here.
29 > Did you manage to run such scripts located in other directories? I think
30 > you need support in the kernel for such scripts. Do you see
31 >
32 > CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y
33 >
34 > in /proc/config.gz?
37 eh? kernel doesn't control fs permissions for binaries.
38
39 If he can emerge --help without a problem, then its not an execution
40 problem, its just a permission problem. I simply figgure hes not
41 privelaged to run executables on filesystems hes got write access to (
42 a logical idea for a shared system trying to prevent exploitation )
45 Kent
46 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
47 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
48 --
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list