From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 3 and wifi credentials
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 21:15:02
1 Am 2016-06-21 um 23:03 schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
2
3 > Go to the network settings, and set the wireless connection as "shared
4 > with other users". Then it will appear in
5 > /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections.
6 >
7 > If you don't want to share the connection with other users, do something like
8 >
9 > find $HOME/.config -name "*ESSID*"
10 >
11 > where ESSID is the ESSID you are interested in. The prefix '*' is
12 > because a while ago NM added the name "Auto" to all wireless networks
13 > that were set to automatically connect. If ~/.config does not work,
14 > use ~/.local (I don't have my laptop with me, so I cannot check which
15 > one it is).
16
17 not found in both .config or .local, sorry ;-)
18
19 I'd love to simply rsync $that_one_subdir to the new system and be done.
20
21 thanks, Stefan