From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 3 and wifi credentials
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 21:03:45
1 On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 2016-06-21 um 12:05 schrieb Tom H:
3 >> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 3:57 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Does anyone have a pointer to where Gnome 3 (3.20 in my case) stores my
6 >>> wifi credentials?
7 >>>
8 >>> I would love to sync that over to my new laptop without re-entering PSKs
9 >>> at customers.
10 >>
11 >> Unless Gnome changes the default (which I doubt), it's
12 >>
13 >> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/
14 >
15 > I had found that info as well, but that directory is simply *empty* on
16 > my laptops. So there has to be something in $home somewhere.
17 >
18 > gnome-keyring?
19 >
20 > I could simply rsync all dotfiles/directories in $home .. but that is
21 > not cool and puts cruft onto the new system.
22
23 Go to the network settings, and set the wireless connection as "shared
24 with other users". Then it will appear in
25 /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections.
26
27 If you don't want to share the connection with other users, do something like
28
29 find $HOME/.config -name "*ESSID*"
30
31 where ESSID is the ESSID you are interested in. The prefix '*' is
32 because a while ago NM added the name "Auto" to all wireless networks
33 that were set to automatically connect. If ~/.config does not work,
34 use ~/.local (I don't have my laptop with me, so I cannot check which
35 one it is).
36
37 Regards.
38 --