From: Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 13:13:06
1 On 161216-07:16-0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 5:19 AM, Miroslav Rovis
3 > <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > In my stron opinion, and opinions are allowed in Gentoo, just not
6 > > imposing your opinion onto others (and that I am not doing, feel free
7 > > to disagree!), pulseadio is spyware, read more here:
8 > >
9 > > Re: [Alsa-user] sans-pulseaudio Firefox? was: a strange thing
10 > > https://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@×××××××××××××××××.net/msg31928.html
13 > What exactly about Pulseaudio do you think makes it "spyware?" The
14 You're right actually. Or might be. It is likely not spyware in itself,
15 but it surely is spyware enabler. Like dbus and all of poetterware.
16
17 And about xorg. Everybody uses it, I do too. Minimalistically. Just
18 enough to have, say Firefox and Wireshark, and a good *nix programs that
19 need gui. But I'd think the possibilities for spying-required remote
20 connections with xorg are nowhere near to what poetterware and
21 associates offer. That's why they came into existance, after all.
22
23 But you are free to disagree.
24 --
25 Miroslav Rovis