From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What magic does portage use?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:17:48
1 On Thursday 17 December 2009 00:25:43 Dale wrote:
2 > >> Hearing they use old code is not to surprising actually. Look at air
3 > >> traffic control. Every time they try to upgrade, it crashes. I guess
4 > >> the cheapest bidder is not always the best. o_O
5 > >>
6 > >
7 > > Every such crash after an upgrade I know of is trying to run the thing
8 > > on Windows...
12 > Yep, I read the same thing. Why not use a real OS? I'm thinking BSD or
13 > something. Linux would be good but I think BSD is even better suited
14 > for basically 100% uptime.
17 Solaris.
18
19 Those guys need thumping great big iron. Solaris excels at that.
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com