From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Apache Autoindex applications
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:06:25
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > My goal. Integrate a front end apache-autoindex (w/ upload/login
3 > capability) that uses a SQL backend for authentication(I can use
4 > mod_auth_mysql as a means for connecting autoindex's htpasswd/htaccess
5 > to mysql and I am thinking of also integrating SAMBA with mysql using
6 > the pdbsql backend so I can have an integrated samba/apache file-server.
7
8 Well, I really can't see why would you want to use whatever-SQL-server
9 for that purpose.
10 If a user has logged in the samba file server and you want to spare
11 him/her additional login to the apache server and vice versa you could
12 use LDAP autentication. Both samba and apache can talk LDAP.
16 Best regards,
17 Daniel
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list