From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Gentoo live iso from grub
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:01:18
1 On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 02:44:03 -0600, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > Having read all of that again this does seem like the fix. If that
4 > *still* doesn't work, recursively grep the unpacked ISO file for
5 > either isoloop or isoboot to find the location in the script you
6 > should be looking at.
7
8 That isn't enough because the code you need is in the nit script, which
9 is inside the initramfs. Loop mount the ISO, cd into an empty directory
10 and run
11
12 zcat ../path/to/gentoo.igz | cpio -id
13
14 You can safely ignore any errors about permission to create nodes, you
15 are not interested in that part.
16
17 Then inspect the init script. grep iso init should be enough but some
18 init scripts source other script or hook files so a bit of detective work
19 may be needed. I have to do this regularly and there is no simple one
20 size fits all solution.
21
22 I used zcat because the file has a gz extension, but use file to check
23 the compression type used on the initramfs before running that command.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 UNILINGUAL: American.