From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 14:46:19
1 On Wednesday 06 July 2011 01:03:03 Dale wrote:
2
3 > I might add, the last time it locked up, I had a compile process running
4 > in a console. I watched the hard drive light, it was blinking away.
5 > So, the root of the system was running but for some reason, I could not
6 > get my mouse or keyboard to work. It appears it is the GUI part that is
7 > locking up but whatever it is, it is not affecting Fluxbox. I also
8 > tried the shift alt F12 to disable composite as well.
9
10 This is sounding more and more like the lockups I've been experiencing. In
11 my case it was every distro other than Gentoo.
12
13 I'm trying Fedora with "Asus Express Gate" switched off in the BIOS, and it
14 seems to be helping. I know you don't have an Asus motherboard though, so
15 I'm not helping :-(
16
17 When did you last recompile your kernel? What version is it? (Sorry if
18 you've told us already, but if so I missed it.)
21 Rgds
22 Peter