From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: acpi battery events, Sony FS740
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 02:06:09
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 01:27 -0600, »Q« wrote:
4 >
5 > > I have a Sony Vaio FS740 laptop, and I have power management set up
6 > > mostly to my liking, but with one problem. ACPI receives battery
7 > > events when the AC is connect and when it is unconnected, but also
8 > > at other times, and I don't know how to distinguish.
9 >
10 > It could be a number of things - perhaps you have a faulty cable /
11 > connection, which is causing ACPI events because it thinks it's just
12 > been unplugged, and replugged.
13 >
14 > Or perhaps your thinkpad sends ACPI events when the battery has
15 > reached certain charge levels... don't know - someone with the same
16 > laptop will have to comment.
17 >
18 > Do these spontaneous ACPI events only happen when plugged in? or only
19 > when unplugged, or both?
20 .
21 They happen whether or not it's plugged in. Sony won't tell anybody
22 how their ACPI stuff works, and AFAICT from some more googling, no one
23 is sure exactly what is going on with any given model.
24
25 > To get around it, perhaps you could keep "state" with a file. eg
26 > (untested):
27
28 [big snip]
29
30 > HTH!
31
32 It certainly did; thanks very much! After some tinkering (my
33 understanding of testing syntax in bash scripts is pretty weak), I've
34 got the scheme you suggested working fine.
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list