From: Peter <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Asking dhcp for a static address
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:54:23
1 On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:34:07 +0100, Sergio Polini wrote:
4 > (i.e., my gateway address, which is different ;-) to /etc/resolv.conf? My
5 > resolv.conf after a dhcp connession is:
6 >
7 > domain fastwebnet.it
8 > nameserver 213.156.54.80
9 > nameserver 213.156.54.81
10 >
11 > (Fastweb is my provider).
12 >
13 > What should my resolv.conf look like? Thanks.
14 > Sergio
15
16 So, you do NOT have a router? Then keep dhcp. If your ISP has assigned you
17 a static IP, then you should ask them for specifics. Most do not assign
18 static IP though. Sorry I could not help more. I use a router and each PC
19 is assigned a specific IP within the local net. However, the ROUTER gets
20 the Dynamic IP from our ISP.
21
22 Sorry I could not help more. dhcp is really great!
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list