From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting samsung galaxy S III (android ics)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:16:18
1 On Thu, Jul 19 2012, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > However, I've also found all the mtp options in portage to be unreliable,
4 > so I run QuickSSHd on the phone and transfer files with scp or mount the
5 > phone with sshfs.
6
7 First let me thank everyone for all the great suggestions. I will be
8 trying them out.
9
10 I started with quicksshd since (I like to believe) I understand ssh.
11
12 I have moved a picture and some songs from my laptop to the appropriate
13 directories on the phone. Currently after I do the sftp using the gnome
14 file manager (I will try straight scp soon), the picture and songs
15 didn't appear until I reboot the phone. Is there a better way?
16
17 thanks again to all.
18 allan