From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge can not work !
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 01:06:42
1 On 02/20/08 11:02, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >On Wednesday 20 February 2008, Stéphane ANCELOT wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >> I made a silly mistake :
5 >> emerge --unmerge python*
6 >>
7 >> now emerge does not work anymore since it needs python !!!
8 >>
9 >> Any idea ?
10 >> Best Regards
11 >> Steph
12 >
13 >Oops.
14 >
15 >An easy way is to get a quickpkg tarball of python from another machine
16 >and unpack that to /
17 >
18 >Or just untar the one on a recent install disk and re-install python. If
19 >all else fails I could send you a copy of python-2.5.1-r5 which is
20 >about 8M large
21 >
22 >For insurance, I keep quickpkg copies of critical stuff - python, gcc,
23 >glibc, portage - for just in case i make this same dumb mistake again
24 >myself
25 >
26 >--
27 >Alan McKinnon
28 >alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
29
30 I just made the same mistake, was running revdev-rebuild and an error showed up regarding python block another
31 package, without much thinking I unmerged python :-/
32
33 How can I install it manually?
34
35 Can I just copy python directory from from x86 machine to AMD64, if so which one do I need just to get the emerge
36 working?
39 #Joseph
40 --
41 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list