From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge can not work !
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:06:08
1 On Wednesday 20 February 2008, Stéphane ANCELOT wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I made a silly mistake :
4 > emerge --unmerge python*
5 >
6 > now emerge does not work anymore since it needs python !!!
7 >
8 > Any idea ?
9 > Best Regards
10 > Steph
11
12 Oops.
13
14 An easy way is to get a quickpkg tarball of python from another machine
15 and unpack that to /
16
17 Or just untar the one on a recent install disk and re-install python. If
18 all else fails I could send you a copy of python-2.5.1-r5 which is
19 about 8M large
20
21 For insurance, I keep quickpkg copies of critical stuff - python, gcc,
22 glibc, portage - for just in case i make this same dumb mistake again
23 myself
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list