From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge can not work !
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:47:23
1 On (20/02/08 11:02) Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 20 February 2008, Stéphane ANCELOT wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > I made a silly mistake :
5 > > emerge --unmerge python*
6 > >
7 > > now emerge does not work anymore since it needs python !!!
8 > >
9 > > Any idea ?
10 > > Best Regards
11 > > Steph
12 >
13 > Oops.
14 >
15 > An easy way is to get a quickpkg tarball of python from another machine
16 > and unpack that to /
17 >
18 > Or just untar the one on a recent install disk and re-install python. If
19 > all else fails I could send you a copy of python-2.5.1-r5 which is
20 > about 8M large
21 >
22 > For insurance, I keep quickpkg copies of critical stuff - python, gcc,
23 > glibc, portage - for just in case i make this same dumb mistake again
24 > myself
25 >
26 > --
27 > Alan McKinnon
28 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
29 >
30 > --
31 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
32 >
33 Hi,
34
35 Install python manually (2.5.1) and later reemerge it using portage.
36 Could also install a second manager (paludis) just in case :-)
37 HTH. Rumen