From: "András
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE-4.2 problems
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:51:57
Hi all!

After few weeks suffer (under XP) I came back and I have few questions!
I installed kde-4.2 and this is love at first sight!

But - there is always an 'but'... ;) - k3b is depends on
kdelibs-3.5.x. Yesterday I wanted to update my system and kdelibs-4.x
and kdelibs-3.5.x are blocked package.
I installed kde-4.2 with kdeprefix USE flag.

Other hand the Openoffice with kde flag has dependency to kdelibs-3.5.x.

Other thing is powerdevil. This is an laptop (Dell Latitude e6400) and
with cpufrequtils I can manipulate (speedstep) the processors but
under KDE-4 I can't. I can't turn off one processor. I think
powerdevil can't communicate with something. The error message is
suggested few things and I did install these libs (libXext and one
more, I'm under Xp and I can't view)
Under XP I can choose many profile. With the hardest the laptop can
work almost 4 hours with batterys. Under Linux on 800Mhz (2
processors) the powertop say ~2.5 hours. I think this is more than big
difference.

I thought that I downgrade the system to kde-3.5 and I will make an
usable environment with compiz to work. With the kdeprefix use flag I
can manage kde-4.x tree too.

So there are my problems and I think I can manage (sometimes this time
is wasted time, but I like Iron Maiden very much ;) ). But I need
yours experience and suggestions, what do you do If you are in my
position?

Thank you for help and I'm sorry my english. I feel dizzy, I have flu.

András

--
- -
--  Csanyi Andras  -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando