From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ncurses: reductio ad absurdum
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 17:26:27
1 On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > 150828 Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 >> git whatchanged /usr/portage/sys-libs/ncurses > /tmp/log.txt
5 >
6 > Tested as user :
7 >
8 > 690: ~> git whatchanged /usr/portage/sys-libs/ncurses > tmp/log.txt
9 > fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
10 > Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
11
12 You're probably not using git to fetch your portage tree.
13
14 cat /etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf
15 [DEFAULT]
16 main-repo = gentoo
17
18 [gentoo]
19 location = /usr/portage
20 sync-type = git
21 sync-uri = https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
22 auto-sync = yes
23
24 Fix that and you'll be fine. Be aware that you're not going to have
25 any changelogs once you do this. I'm not certain but you might have
26 to delete /usr/portage first - I have no idea how it handles existing
27 files.
30 Rich