From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this because of make oldconfig?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:27:27
1 On Friday 18 July 2008, Duane Griffin wrote:
2 > 2008/7/18 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I rolled up a new kernel after I ran make oldconfig and noticed this
6 > > little message:
7 >
8 > [snip]
9 >
10 > > WARNING: modpost: Found 10 section mismatch(es).
11 >
12 > [snip]
13 >
14 > > What's it telling me? Is this something I should ignore?
15 >
16 > The tool has detected something that could be a kernel bug or could be
17 > a false positive. If it is a bug it may or may not actually affect
18 > you, but probably won't. You'll know if it does because you'll see
19 > nasty errors in your logs. I'd recommend ignoring it unless you see
20 > those errors, it shouldn't corrupt your data or anything like that.
21 >
22 > It has nothing to do with oldconfig.
23
24 Thanks guys.
27 Regards,
28 Mick