From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clicking on URLs in kmail-1.13.7 launches libreoffice
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:03:14
1 On Thursday 26 Jan 2012 20:06:41 Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
2 > Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2012, 14:51:45 schrieb Michael Mol:
3 > > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
4 >
5 > wrote:
6 > > > Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2012, 09:18:03 schrieb Mick:
7 > > >> Over the last couple of weeks I noticed that when I click on a URL in
8 > > >> an
9 > > >> email I get libreoffice launching a few seconds after Konqueror has
10 > > >> opened up the URL.
11 > > >>
12 > > >> I think this started happening after the recent update of KDE to 4.7.4
13 > > >> and after the initial "what the ... " it is now becoming annoying.
14 > > >>
15 > > >> Have you noticed anything similar?
16 > > >>
17 > > >> Any ideas how I could fix this?
18 > > >
19 > > > No idea, but this happens here also. Not annoying yet, but also not
20 > > > restricted to kmail afaict. I click somewhere and loffice starts.
21 > >
22 > > I remember having this happen under StarOffice way back on Win95.
23 > > Sounds like you've got to re-select your preferred application
24 > > handlers. I don't know the process for this in KDE.
25 >
26 > Already checked those. Nothing suspicious in there. Sometimes loffice even
27 > starts when I click on my (empty) desktop, in the url bar of firefox or in
28 > some empty area of an application, where no preferred application would be
29 > started. Happens about once a week and I click a lot, so I don't care too
30 > much :)
31
32 I'm not running KDE on the desktop, so as far as I have noticed here it only
33 happens when I click on a URL in an email in Kmail. This happens every time
34 without failure. Other apps seem to operate normally.
35
36 I assume it is a KDE problem.
37
38 However, in the KDE File Associations, libreoffice is not showing anywhere in
39 html or text as a relevant application to open such files with. So, I'm
40 assuming some other setting is pulling it in.
41 --
42 Regards,
43 Mick