From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clicking on URLs in kmail-1.13.7 launches libreoffice
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:08:45
1 Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2012, 14:51:45 schrieb Michael Mol:
2 > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
3 wrote:
4 > > Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2012, 09:18:03 schrieb Mick:
5 > >> Over the last couple of weeks I noticed that when I click on a URL in
6 > >> an
7 > >> email I get libreoffice launching a few seconds after Konqueror has
8 > >> opened up the URL.
9 > >>
10 > >> I think this started happening after the recent update of KDE to 4.7.4
11 > >> and after the initial "what the ... " it is now becoming annoying.
12 > >>
13 > >> Have you noticed anything similar?
14 > >>
15 > >> Any ideas how I could fix this?
16 > >
17 > > No idea, but this happens here also. Not annoying yet, but also not
18 > > restricted to kmail afaict. I click somewhere and loffice starts.
19 >
20 > I remember having this happen under StarOffice way back on Win95.
21 > Sounds like you've got to re-select your preferred application
22 > handlers. I don't know the process for this in KDE.
23
24 Already checked those. Nothing suspicious in there. Sometimes loffice even
25 starts when I click on my (empty) desktop, in the url bar of firefox or in some
26 empty area of an application, where no preferred application would be started.
27 Happens about once a week and I click a lot, so I don't care too much :)
28
29 Best,
30 Michael