From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Avahi Keeps failing on Emerge - Maybe a Python Error?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 06:43:10
1 On Sunday 18 January 2009 23:57:24 Wojtek Dalêtka wrote:
2
3 > I would like to write my first post here just to inform you that I also
4 > had this problem with avahi and pygtk.
5 > Avahi failed to emerge and I had to remove pygtk from my use flags, than
6 > it compiled OK.
7 >
8 > I was just interested if removing "-pipe" from CFLAGS makes any
9 > difference, and I tried remove it and emerge avahi with pygtk, but it
10 > does not compile.
11 > For me it compiles only without pygtk and changing -pipe doesn't work at
12 > all. I checked this because I have 512M.
13 >
14 > I don't know why I might need avahi with pygtk...disabling pygtk use
15 > flag for avahi works fine and other packages compile well.
16
17 Are you running stable or testing?
18
19 avahi does not have a pygtk USE flag. In fact, there isn't one in portage at
20 all:
21
22 ~ $ euse -i pygtk
23 global use flags (searching: pygtk)
24 ************************************************************
25 no matching entries found
26
27 local use flags (searching: pygtk)
28 ************************************************************
29 no matching entries found
30
31 So whether you have it or not should make no difference at all.
32
33 The latest avahi ebuild contains this interesting snippet though:
34
35 "src_compile() {
36 ...
37 # We need to unset DISPLAY, else the configure script might have
38 problems detecting the pygtk module
39 unset DISPLAY
40
41 econf \
42 "
43
44 I'm not really in a position to help you further as I don't have avahi (or any
45 zeroconf packages) - mostly because the only place I ever use this notebook
46 is on properly configured networks
49 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com