From: Hal Martin <hal.martin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Via vb70001 mini-itx vrs Gentoo
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 03:28:50
1 Hmm, I find that surprising, especially since the new $200 PC at
2 Sprawl-Mart is based on their C7 processor. Although I have heard many
3 issues with trying to get certain, additional, items to work with the
4 gPC. The main one being no modem...
5
6 I once owned a motherboard based on a VIA chipset, worst thing ever...
7 So I got rid of that and went for a board with an NVidia chipset :)
8
9 -Hal
12 Neil Walker wrote:
13 > Hal Martin wrote:
14 >> IF the BIOS gives you the option of changing the RAM timings,
15 >
16 > It's got nothing to do with RAM timings and everything to do with the
17 > fact that VIA couldn't care less about Linux users. One thing I have
18 > learned in th last few months is don't touch VIA with a bargepole. My
19 > VIA-based laptop went in the bin and I am now enjoying the luxury of
20 > an Intel-based laptop with nVidia graphics. :)
23 > Be lucky,
24 >
25 > Neil
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list