From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: OT: Cheap PS2/USB keyboard/mouse adaptors. WAS: Re: [gentoo-user] slightly OT, laptop for gentoo
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:29:10
1 On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:45:58 +0000
2 Stroller wrote:
5 > On 15 Feb 2008, at 01:21, David Relson wrote:
6 > > ...
7 > > Here in Michigan they seem a bit pricey, as well. A single PS/2
8 > > to USB
9 > > adapter is a few dollars but the dual PS/2 to USB "Y" adapter is
10 > > $16.00
11 > > (or worse). I had hoped to use one with my PS/2 only KVM but the
12 > > combo
13 > > doesn't work. I suspect the issue is with the KVM as I have 2
14 > > different "Y" adapters and neither works. Sigh :-<
15 >
16 > Here are these cables for only $5 delivered (worldwide):
17 > http://ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA4036.htm
18 >
19 > I have used Ye Olde Ledde Shoppe on a number of occasions and have
20 > been very happy with their service. A delivery failed to arrive once
21 > & I contacted CCnow (the payments processor) and the purchase price
22 > was refunded immediately; a replacement order I made with Ledde
23 > Shoppe arrived a few days later.
24 >
25 > These Y-cables are supposed to work with KVMs, but I have only had
26 > my KVM a couple of weeks, so haven't gotten around yet to testing
27 > thoroughly. My KVM is (apparently) PS2 only, but it does have a
28 > PS2 / USB keyboard setting in the configuration menus, so it might be
29 > worth playing with that if yours is the same.
30 >
31 > Stroller.
32
33 I'm willing to gamble $5 on a company I've never heard of. If it works
34 with my KVM it'll be great (and I'll be able to return the $16 cable
35 that doesn't work). Even if it just works with my keyboard and mouse
36 I'll be able to return the cable. How can I lose???
37
38 David
39 --
40 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list