From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: OT: Cheap PS2/USB keyboard/mouse adaptors. WAS: Re: [gentoo-user] slightly OT, laptop for gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:46:11
1 On 15 Feb 2008, at 01:21, David Relson wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Here in Michigan they seem a bit pricey, as well. A single PS/2 to
4 > USB
5 > adapter is a few dollars but the dual PS/2 to USB "Y" adapter is
6 > $16.00
7 > (or worse). I had hoped to use one with my PS/2 only KVM but the
8 > combo
9 > doesn't work. I suspect the issue is with the KVM as I have 2
10 > different "Y" adapters and neither works. Sigh :-<
11
12 Here are these cables for only $5 delivered (worldwide):
13 http://ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA4036.htm
14
15 I have used Ye Olde Ledde Shoppe on a number of occasions and have
16 been very happy with their service. A delivery failed to arrive once
17 & I contacted CCnow (the payments processor) and the purchase price
18 was refunded immediately; a replacement order I made with Ledde
19 Shoppe arrived a few days later.
20
21 These Y-cables are supposed to work with KVMs, but I have only had my
22 KVM a couple of weeks, so haven't gotten around yet to testing
23 thoroughly. My KVM is (apparently) PS2 only, but it does have a PS2 /
24 USB keyboard setting in the configuration menus, so it might be worth
25 playing with that if yours is the same.
26
27 Stroller.
28 --
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list