From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge latest in a certain version series of a package
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:44:34
1 On 29/01/2014 21:37, Thanasis wrote:
2 >> I only use Alan Cox, as an example;
3 >> > I have no idea who the long-term kernel maintainer is now, but
4 >> > historically it's been somebody with a vested interest, or
5 >> > some poor-unappreciated sap....imho.
6 > Googling about kernel maintainer for long term 3.10, I found the
7 > following page:
8 > http://kroah.com/log/blog/2013/08/04/longterm-kernel-3-dot-10/
9 > Would he (Greg) be the one?
13 That's the one, he goes by the friendly name of gregkh.
14
15 Greg is something of a modern miracle, every time I try add up how many
16 kernel subsystems he maintains I get a number bigger than the number of
17 subsystems in the kernel....
18
19 go figure :-)
22 Alan McKinnon