From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Kopete on Gentoo / Fluxbox (SLIGHT OT)
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:34:35
1 > Hi folks:
2 >
3 > I would very much like to switch to kopete on my gentoo / fluxbox
4 > laptop, it seems to compile correctly, but there are a couple of
5 > problems, Im not sure if they are specific to the gentoo version of it
6
7 > or across the board.
8 >
9 > 1. In the IRC module, I need to be able to set independent sounds for
10 > different chans, the settings are there under advanced notifications,
11 > but when I set them, if a message arrives in the designated chan, the
12 > sound does not play.
13 >
14 > 2. I cannot seem to turn off Join / part messages in the IRC Module
15 >
16 > If anyone can help me I'd be very appreciative
19 David:
20
21 I am currently using Xchat, which I like, but has a few annoyances to it
22 as well, the biggest thing about kopete is having an all in one (and the
23 IRC module in gaim is TERRIBLE!!!) as well as some easier to use
24 interfaes and stuff
25
26 TIM
29 Tim Holmes
30 IT Manager / Webmaster / Teacher
31 >
32 > Feel free to contact me off list or as W8TAH in #gentoo
33 >
34 > Thanks
35 >
36 > TIM
37 >
38 > Tim Holmes
39 > IT Manager / Webmaster / Teacher
40 >
41 > Medina Christian Academy
42 > A Higher Standard...
45 > --
46 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
50 Some may disagree, but personally I'd much rather use a dedicated IRC
51 client for IRC. I tend to use irssi although XChat is perhaps
52 "friendlier". The latter would make it easy to see at a glance which
53 channel(s) there was activity in.
54
55 David
56
57 Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
58 success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
59 list.
62 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
67 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list