From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Kopete on Gentoo / Fluxbox (SLIGHT OT)
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:38:53
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Timothy A. Holmes [mailto:tholmes@×××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: 03 January 2007 14:25
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Kopete on Gentoo / Fluxbox (SLIGHT OT)
8 > Hi folks:
9 >
10 > I would very much like to switch to kopete on my gentoo / fluxbox
11 > laptop, it seems to compile correctly, but there are a couple of
12 > problems, Im not sure if they are specific to the gentoo version of it
13 > or across the board.
14 >
15 > 1. In the IRC module, I need to be able to set independent sounds for
16 > different chans, the settings are there under advanced notifications,
17 > but when I set them, if a message arrives in the designated chan, the
18 > sound does not play.
19 >
20 > 2. I cannot seem to turn off Join / part messages in the IRC Module
21 >
22 > If anyone can help me I'd be very appreciative
23 >
24 > Feel free to contact me off list or as W8TAH in #gentoo
25 >
26 > Thanks
27 >
28 > TIM
29 >
30 > Tim Holmes
31 > IT Manager / Webmaster / Teacher
32 >
33 > Medina Christian Academy
34 > A Higher Standard...
37 > --
38 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
42 Some may disagree, but personally I'd much rather use a dedicated IRC
43 client for IRC. I tend to use irssi although XChat is perhaps
44 "friendlier". The latter would make it easy to see at a glance which
45 channel(s) there was activity in.
46
47 David
48
49 Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
50 success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
51 list.
54 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list