From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] laptop sometimes needs double keystrokes
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:50:10
1 Hi Benno,
2
3 Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > But you don't need to do this as you've already found that the
6 > problem is in bash and it's related to something in the environment.
7 > If the PS1 didn't fix it, try with either just --norc or just
8 > --noprofile to try and narrow things down further.
9
10 Using the techinique you suggested above I was able to track down the
11 problem to a script in /etc/profile.d that I was using to start
12 dbus-session-daemon on login. Removing that file fixed the problem.
13
14 Many thanks for your help,
15
16 Roger