From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compressed Filesystem
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 00:45:58
1 On Mittwoch 30 Dezember 2009, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 00:08 +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > just think a moment of the tons of bug fixes constantly going into
4 > > ext4. That
5 > > crap is not stable. Pre-alpha maybe.
6 >
7 > People say this from time to time, yet I have been running ext4 on my
8 > root directory of my laptop since July 2008. The only problem I've had
9 > since then is one time it would not mount on boot. I merely had to fsck
10 > it from a live media an then it was ok (nothing lost or currupted). But
11 > that was a long time ago when it was still ext4dev. And I've had
12 > numerous crashes and battery depletions on the laptop without incident.
13 > So the pre-alpha FUD that some people are spreading is either not true
14 > or I just happen to be the luckiest ext4 user in the world :-).
17 tell that to the people who got their configs zeroed because extX devs value
18 benchmarks at default settings as more important than your data.