From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compressed Filesystem
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 00:18:24
1 On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 00:08 +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > just think a moment of the tons of bug fixes constantly going into
3 > ext4. That
4 > crap is not stable. Pre-alpha maybe.
5
6 People say this from time to time, yet I have been running ext4 on my
7 root directory of my laptop since July 2008. The only problem I've had
8 since then is one time it would not mount on boot. I merely had to fsck
9 it from a live media an then it was ok (nothing lost or currupted). But
10 that was a long time ago when it was still ext4dev. And I've had
11 numerous crashes and battery depletions on the laptop without incident.
12 So the pre-alpha FUD that some people are spreading is either not true
13 or I just happen to be the luckiest ext4 user in the world :-).