From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: raid1 grub ext4
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:43:10
1 On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 7:56 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK, so, I've rebooted and got the md1, md2, md3 renamed by
3 > (whatever) to md125 md127 and md126, respectively.
4
5 The name of the array probably got weird because your hostname doesn't
6 match the homehost of the array. The array has the host name stored in
7 its metadata, so if you're booting in an environment that doesn't have
8 the same hostname (such as a live CD) then it'll use different (large)
9 numbering to avoid a conflict with "local" arrays. It may also cause
10 some other differences. The manpage of mdadm has good information.
11
12 I think you can also set it to ignore the hostname entirely in
13 mdadm.conf, but I've not personally ever tried that.