From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommend a good replacement for XFCE?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 10:24:38
1 On September 25, 2016 10:49:15 AM GMT+02:00, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 00:13:48 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> I may try MATE next, but I'm not optimistic. All references I can
5 >> find to multiple screens in the MATE docs are not actually talking
6 >> about multiple X11 screens. They're talking about a single X11
7 >screen
8 >> spread across multiple monitors using twinview or xinerama or xrandr.
9 >
10 >I'm curious. What is it you are doing that needs desktops on separate
11 >X11
12 >screens? The results of your searches and experiments seem to suggest
13 >that it is n unusual configuration and I'm wondering what particular
14 >itch
15 >this scratches.
16
17 I think it's what I would love for KDE to have as well.
18 I have a desktop with 2 displays connected.
19
20 I also have a few virtual desktops.
21
22 I would like each display to have a seperate set of virtual displays. This woulx allow me to switch 1 display to a different desktop while keeping the other display unchanged.
23
24 I currently simulate this by setting apps to occupy all desktops on occasion, but it is not as convenient.
27 Joost
28 --
29 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.