From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gpgme oddity
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 11:45:40
1 On Sunday 05 Mar 2017 02:10:09 Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
2
3 > It was tested, otherwise how could the conflict with kde-apps/gpgmepp
4 > and kde-apps/kdepimlibs:4 been known?
5
6 Think of it from my point of view. I followed the official guide to
7 installing a stable KDE system on a plasma profile. I don't have any odd
8 extras, omissions or other departures from the ordinary KDE experience. The
9 only other program I run is BOINC (whence the wxGTK webkit USE flag below).
10 I didn't make any USE changes except what was necessary to get the system
11 working. Here is the entirety of my USE flags:
12
13 # make.conf:
14 USE="-bluetooth -btrfs -fortran -gcj -geoloc -geolocation -gnome -iodbc
15 -ldap -lirc -nis -odbc -systemd -thin -wifi -wireless -xinerama
16 gpm handbook icu symlink"
17
18 # package.use:
19 app-emulation/virtualbox additions extensions java python
20 dev-lang/python sqlite
21 kde-apps/kdesu -handbook
22 media-libs/libvpx svc
23 media-libs/mesa -vaapi
24 net-misc/iputils -caps -filecaps
25 sys-devel/llvm clang video_cards_radeon
26 sys-kernel/linux-firmware savedconfig
27 x11-libs/libdrm video_cards_radeon
28 x11-libs/wxGTK webkit
29
30 That must be as close as can be to "standard", surely.
31
32 I use KMail but not the rest of kde-pim.
33
34 Now tell me why I should expect to be thrown a wobbler like a dependency
35 conflict that cannot be resolved, on the face of it, and not at all without
36 what look like significant system changes.
37
38 By the way, I did check for bugs before posting the first time, but I didn't
39 expect to find anything useful in a stabilisation request - I never have
40 before - so I didn't look at it. Mea culpa to that extent.
43 Regards
44 Peter