From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gpgme oddity
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 00:10:21
1 On 5 March 2017 at 00:59, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > I just can't believe it. They're issuing a general-purpose tool, to work
4 > everywhere, and they don't test it on a representative sample of systems?
5
6 It was tested, otherwise how could the conflict with kde-apps/gpgmepp
7 and kde-apps/kdepimlibs:4 been known?
8
9 Upstream has merge some external libraries into its own code base and
10 provided an option to disable these exactly for this use case.
11 Adding USE="-cxx -qt5" or masking this package provides remedy for
12 those who still use kdepimlibs:4, both are standard gentoo procedures.
13 As apposed to what you present in previous messages, a "standard kde"
14 system may or may not include kdepimlibs:4. We delayed too much
15 stabilization of gpgme to allow proper resolution, however, no reason
16 to delay any more as no issue for these that do not use kdepimlibs:4
17 and for these who use a simple USE change or mask resolves the issue.
18
19 > I just can't believe it. They're issuing a general-purpose tool, to work everywhere,
20 > and they don't test it on a representative sample of systems?
21
22 Indeed, we provide general-proposed tool that with correct setup can
23 work in most cases as supported as outlined by the designated
24 upstreams, while bridging the gaps and permutations as much as we can.
25
26 Regards,
27 Alon