From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swaps mounted randomly
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 20:01:32
1 On 2020-03-05 18:26, Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 04/03/20 10:19, n952162 wrote:
3 >> Yes, everything mounts when I explicitly say swapon -a. No problems in
4 >> /var/log/messages.
5 > I wonder. Is mount order deterministic at boot? Is it possible that
6 > you're trying to activate the swap files before the underlying file
7 > systems are mounted?
8 >
9 > Cheers,
10 > Wol
13 Yes, that's an issue ... there's two swap files.  One is on the root dir
14 and that one is the only one that came up active when I started the
15 system this morning.
16
17 The other one is on a mounted fs.  Earlier, I'd had it on the following
18 line to that fs, and as an admittedly feeble attempt, I moved that
19 swapon to the bottom of the file - who knows if those lines are
20 processed sequentially.  But it didn't help.
21
22 But, the thing is, the swap partition is also not mounted by its fstab
23 entry.  That wouldn't need an fs to be mounted.