From: Kai Peter <kp@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swaps mounted randomly
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 19:25:45
1 On 2020-03-05 21:01, n952162 wrote:
2 > On 2020-03-05 18:26, Wols Lists wrote:
3 >> On 04/03/20 10:19, n952162 wrote:
4 >>> Yes, everything mounts when I explicitly say swapon -a. No problems
5 >>> in
6 >>> /var/log/messages.
7 >> I wonder. Is mount order deterministic at boot? Is it possible that
8 >> you're trying to activate the swap files before the underlying file
9 >> systems are mounted?
10 >>
11 >> Cheers,
12 >> Wol
15 > Yes, that's an issue ... there's two swap files.  One is on the root
16 > dir
17 > and that one is the only one that came up active when I started the
18 > system this morning.
19 >
20 > The other one is on a mounted fs.  Earlier, I'd had it on the following
21 > line to that fs, and as an admittedly feeble attempt, I moved that
22 > swapon to the bottom of the file - who knows if those lines are
23 > processed sequentially.  But it didn't help.
24 >
25 > But, the thing is, the swap partition is also not mounted by its fstab
26 > entry.  That wouldn't need an fs to be mounted.
27
28 As a workaround you can add swapon -a to local.start ...
29 --
30 Sent with eQmail-1.10.3 beta - a fork of djb's famous qmail