From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world's leaves
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 04:04:22
1 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 >
3 > Thanks!
4 >
5 > Be sure, I'll want to (manually) unmerge those packages I remember and
6 > understand what do they do :-)
9 > Andrew
13 I usually do this, equery depends <package name>. If it shows something
14 depends on it, don't remove it. Some things you do not want to remove
15 without making sure it is safe, python, emerge itself, gcc, glibc,
16 baselayout and anything with 'make' or 'conf' in the name. Example,
17 automake would be one to keep.
18
19 If you do really bork something, it is usually fixable. It may not be
20 easy but most things can be fixed.
21
22 If you still unsure, post here with the output of equery list <package
23 name> and equery depends <package name>.
24
25 Dale
26