From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world's leaves
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 03:44:08
1 ======= On Tuesday 05 August 2008, Dale wrote: =======
2 > Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
3 > > Hi!
4 > >
5 > > Is there some simple way to find all portage leaves (packages from
6 > > which nothing depends on) of installed world?
9 > > Andrew
10 >
11 > 'emerge -p --depclean' Two dashes before depclean
12 >
13 > Notice the warning that comes up right after you type that in. Be VERY
14 > careful. If for some crazy reason it uninstalls something critical,
15 > like python, then emerge may not work or worse yet, you could just crash
16 > and burn. I suggest looking at the list and making sure anything listed
17 > can be removed and doing so manually.
18 >
19 > Also, run 'revdep-rebuild -i' after words just to be sure.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
24
25 Thanks!
26
27 Be sure, I'll want to (manually) unmerge those packages I remember and
28 understand what do they do :-)
31 Andrew